Episode 20: Lanesharing isn't as easy as you think, Cambria Ride Report, Advice for New Riders and Icebreaker Review
Sorry for the late 20, it was a FUN weekend! This week I give you my ride report from Cambria, CA and we get some really good info about how the CHP views lanesharing. Cristi attended a QnA session at a BMW dealer recently and she found some really interesting tidbits that you'll want to know. Find out how we can be liable in a lanesharing related accident and the right way to laneshare in the HOV lane.
They also shared some great advice for new riders (and experienced ones) that we just had to talk about. Somehow we spent a long time talking about the importance of knowing your motorcycle, proper tires and cornering. We spend an hour talking about cornering, but spared you the dribble and tried to stick to the finer points. I might upload an extended version of that convo separately for those of you who LOVE chatting about cornering like I do.
We also review our Icebreaker Baselayers, the best investment you'll make next to your protective gear. Who knew that wearing another layer actually Helps in extreme heat?
News / Ride Reports
- Riding to and around Cambria, CA - http://goo.gl/maps/m6sz9
- Nacimiento Fergusson Road and Rossi's Driveway (see pic below), Hwy 229 OH YEAH
- Lanesharing, straight from the CHP's mouth
- Cristi records the ups and downs of lanesharing: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKReqr5vOMZQNg3h9guAStg
- New Rider Advice, from the CHP
- We should know these things but sometimes a refresher is good to hear
Next up for Episode 21:
An interview with a real live, new motorcyclist! We answer some of her burning questions as a new rider. Do you remember the first time you learned to ride?