Episode 18: Tamela Rich joins our discussion: Why don't more women ride?
(photo courtesy of Tamela Rich on Flickr)
In this episode we're chatting with Tamela Rich, author of Live Full Throttle. We attempt to discuss a few reasons why more women don't ride motorcycles. Is it fear of dying? Is it still a taboo? What does our culture/society have to do with it?
How do you respond to people who try to tell you about their friend/brother/etc who died on a motorcycle? Tamela gives us a GREAT tip. Listen to find out what it is!
After listening, add your $0.02 in the comments.
- Tamela Rich set off on her first cross-country motorcycle trip just three months after passing her MSF class. Since 2010 she has traversed 35 states and 4 provinces on her dual sport BMW, some 46k miles--mostly solo. She wrote Live Full Throttle: Life Lessons From Friends Who Faced Cancer based on two years of riding her motorcycle across the US and Canada with other women committed to the breast cancer cause. Her book won three national awards.
- Find out more about her book and read all about her adventures here: http://roadtrip.tamelarich.com/
- MIC Women Rider Fact Sheet
- Proof that Riding Motorcycles makes you Happy!
- 18 Reasons Why Women Should be Motorcyclists. Some legit, some tongue n' cheek.
Coming up in Episode 19, Cristi gives us a report on her adventure taking the 2 day BMW Performance Class for Off Road Motorcycles!